First Playable

First Playable


This week for my project, I worked on my game and properly making the game. I found doing Unity tricky at the start and getting everything to move the way I wanted them too and the size I wanted them to be. I made the arena for my game but I might have to adjust the pitch to make it a perfect size.  I added my obstacles for my game which are cones which will stop the footballer on his path to collecting his items, I think I'm going to add more obstacles depending on how I feel towards the end of my game. I added a character but I want to change his clothes to make him look more like a footballer. I made the goals from scratch which was tough at the start because I found it hard to make them line up to make it look like a goal. I feel like next week I will have a lot more new bits into my game as I found it hard to make the items I wanted but I will look harder for assets that might work with them. I'm going to add the timer in when I get all my items in.  I haven't set my camera angle just yet but I will when I pick my character and his outfits. I used footballs instead of my items for the moment as I haven't made my items yet.

An full image of my game.


An image of a rough idea of the angle I want.


A birds-eye view of my arena.


Comments

  1. Hey Aaron,

    The game is looking good! It seems as though you're at a good stage with it. The character reminds me of a Mii from the Wii games.

    Fair play on making the goals. Assets can be tough to come across, and I'm sure it's not as easy to find stuff for a footie game as it is an RPG or shooter. Just wondering what the obstacles in the way of the player are other than the timer? Are items hidden?

    Have you considered adding some difficulty ramps throughout the levels? Increasing difficulty as the player progresses would add an extra challenge for the player and increase enjoyment.

    Good luck with the game!

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aaron,

    The game looks pretty good. I would like to say fair play on the game because it looks good with just the assets already so I know it will be better when the game is playable and In the moment process. I would like to ask if you could add a pick up item and animation motion so it looks like the game is actually more realistic.

    Anyway enjoy fair play on the character.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aaron!

    Your game looks unreal already! From reading your blog post and looking at your screenshots it shows you have put a lot of work into you unity game which will show in the finished product. I like how you have made certain things from scratch that is really cool! I think your little characters look so cute! They remind me of something and I cant quite think of what they are called at the moment.

    Anyway I am really looking forward to seeing your progress continue the next couple of week!

    Good luck!

    -EH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Prototype

Game Design Document