Game Design Document

Game Design Document

Game Introduction
 'ROAD TO KICK-OFF' is a game following a footballer who needs to get ready for his big match. The idea of the game is your the footballer and controlling him and trying to find 10 items that he needs for his match, for example football boots or shin-pads. Once you've collected and found all 10 items you will be ready to play your big game.
Genre:The genre of the game is adventure because you've to go on a big adventure to try and collect all the items. The game is going to be a fun adventure for the player.
GamePlay:The gameplay is going to have one player be a 3D game. The rules are simple, just to collect the 10 items needs. The player will be controlling the player around the area looking for hidden items. The challenge is to get all the items.
Target audience & platforms:The target audience is for any ages between 3-14. This game is very easy to be able to play but is also good for younger children to be able to play games with a challenge in it.
Look and Feel:The game will look like a field where the footballer is trying to find his items. The game will feel smooth and will have a clean look to it.
Story:The story of this game is about a footballer who is about to play his big final match. He is so excited he forgets a few items. The player needs to help him find his 10 items so he can play his match.
How to play: The rules of the games are :
-move the footballer around the area to find 10 items
-find the 10 football related items
-once you found the items you can play your match
Technical
This game will be available on computers and laptops as its the platform that the game will work on and most people have access to them.
System Requirements:This game will need internet to play and will be available on the internet like computers and laptops
Game architecture: The overall game will be done on Unity. This will allow the player to move the footballer smoothly
User Interface (controls): The four arrows will be the only controls used:
up,down,right,left
Artwork (design)
colour: it needs to be visually pleasing for the player to look at and everything needs to be the right colour

Technical Requirements:I need the player to easily move the footballer around the screen. The arrows on the laptop/computer to be able to move the footballer. I need unity to be able to add items and for them to disappear when the footballer goes over them meaning that he collected them

Heads Up Display (HUD): I want 10 items blacked out on the top left corner and when you collect a item the blacked out item will turn into colour showing that you collected an item. The footballer wont have any health

Characters: One character, a footballer. He will be wearing a jersey with number 9 on the back. He will have black hair and be normal height.

Character 1: The character will be wearing a red football jersey with the number 9, he will have black hair and be wearing normal clothes as he is not ready for his match yet.

Level Design: There will be just one level but to complete the level the player will need to find all the items for the match. The mission is to find all the 10 items.

Global Elements:There will be a static background of the sea. The player will not be able to go into the water because there will be a invisible wall like in most games. This will cause the game to not let the character die. It will be sunny outside and no rain.

Player View: 
An image of how I want my game to look.

Game Flow Chart: When I make a flow chart I will upload here

Development
The game will need to use coding to make it work fully. I've been starting to get better and better using Unity and feel like with a little more practising I will be able to complete the coding for my game.

Abstract Classes/Components
Derived Classes/Component Compositions

Audio & Sound F/x
I haven't decided fully what type of music I want to use, but I know I don't want any intense music because I feel like it wouldn't fit the scene at all. I am thinking about more peaceful music but with no lyrics

Technical Requirements: I'll need the licence to use the certain type of music that I need. I can't use music that can be copyrighted as my game would be taken down.

Player Elements: The player will be making a walking nose. I won't have it too loud as it would annoying hearing the same noise throughout the whole game .

Global Elements: The background music will be a peaceful song but with no lyrics. When I pick the right music I will add it here.

Splash Screens:When I have my music picked out I will put here.

Menu Fx:The menu will have a sort of click sound when the player moves from one section to the other on the menu.

Marketing

The marketing team will have to let people know the game is out there. They can do this by putting up posters around the college, make ads on social media as that has the most chance of people seeing the game. I feel like social media is the best route to go down because everyone uses social media and it has the best chance of the game catching someones eye.

Key Features:The key features are that there is only one level, one character, the game will take as long as it takes the player to collect all the 10 items. There is no time limit as the game is designed for a younger audience and they might find it difficult to use the game.

Here's a link to my GDD on Dundoc:https://www.dundoc.com/project/5858

An image of a footballer.

Comments

  1. Well A good day to you Aaron!

    I do say that your game idea is fleshing out really well here over the past few weeks and it has clearly shown through the amount of content that you have displayed in your blog as well as in your Fame Design Document here. Personally I may not have a strong interest in the likes of football but I will still look into it when the game becomes an actual real thing (whenever that will be of course) but I feel that this will turn out great and that the target audience will get a good kick out of this game themselves. Good luck with the further development.

    Cheerio!!
    -Sam H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aaron!

    I loved reading your blog about your game design, you went into such detail that I am really looking forward to seeing the final product when its up and running!

    I really like how you have targeted your age toward little kids as it seems the rest of our year's games are for teenagers and young adults.

    Your Dundoc is very well detailed too and easy to read which is good as us the reader knows exactly what the aim of your aim is. I don't have an interest in football but I am interested in playing the game when you are finished to see how easy and smoothly it runs!

    Good luck with the rest of the process and I can not wait to see the final product.

    Chat soon.

    -EH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aaron

    I really enjoyed reading your game design blog. I also like that you focussed your game on football as it has such a large audience being the most popular sport in the world with over four billion fans worldwide , which definitely gives this game a larger potential audience if you chose to appeal it to more than just kids. I was also curious have you considered adding the option of a time limit that the player can turn on as I feel this would make the game more appealing and challenging to the player as it would give them more appeal to replay the game in order to beat their timed score the previous time.

    I overall loved reading about your idea and cant wait to see how it progresses in the coming weeks , as well as hopefully get to try it out. Best of luck with it.

    -Dillon Eagers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aaron,
    From reading your blog I really liked your game idea. I think the game is unique and well thought of. Since there is a big audience in the football market you shouldn't have a problem getting the numbers. I really like how much you went into detail about the game and I think it shows how much thought has gone into the game. The one thing I will ask you is, have you thought about having a time limit or even have a leaderboard so other people can complete against each other to get the best time. For the music can i recommend that you have music that will get the player in the zone something to get the rhythm. Another thing about the music if you can't find any i'm sure you will find some copyright free music on youtube. Anyway Aaron i'm going now just want to say good job on the game idea and that I enjoyed reading it.

    -Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aaron, after reading about your game idea I really like the sound of it. It's very unique and different. This idea for a game is very good as it would have a big target audience for those who enjoy football, which would be a lot of people. You have clearly put in a lot of time and thought into this idea as you went into a lot of detail which is great. As you said yourself getting music would be a bit hard as they are nearly all copyright, but that would be my only tip for you I feel that everything else is perfect and sounds great. If you use the sort of music that we used for our short movies that are free it would be perfect. All in all your idea sounds good and I hope that it all comes together for you. I know a lot of people will be excited to play this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aaron,

    After reading your Game Design Document I believe you have a really strong idea. You know exactly what you want to do which is good. Your idea is very unique and it stands out amongst other typical football games. Because of its nature, it also has the potential to attract new users that may not have an interest in typical 'match-playing' football games. Myself being one of those people, I enjoy the adventure that your idea gives.

    The layout of your design document is really nice. I enjoy the simplicity and ease to it. Everything is well laid out. You know exactly what you're about to read with the headings and then a simple and not too detailed, but detailed enough explanation. It helps to remember every point that you stated, form a full opinion and also have a complete idea of the game in your head after reading.

    Can't wait to see your development!

    BLC Blogging

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Prototype