Unity Tutorial 02

Unity Tutorial 02


For this weeks unity tutorial, I watched two videos, the first one being called 'HOW TO MAKE A GAME FOR FREE #004-IMPROVE GRAPHICS'. I enjoyed watching this tutorial as it helped me with many tips and tricks. One thing that I found rather difficult about this was the coding. I have used coding before in my Web Dev last year and this year so I am quite familiar with it but I still found it hard enough at the start to get used to everything and where it goes but I eventually got the hang of it in the end.It's very difficult to understand how everything comes together to actually make the game work. I really like the realistic side of this tutorial that you can add to the game. When I added the wall into my game, I could use the right hand side of the window to play around with settings such as Metallic and smoothness of the wall to make it look more realistic.The second tutorial I watched was called 'HOW TO MAKE A GAME FOR FREE #005- RAYCAST'.The coding in this tutorial was pretty much the same as the first video, it was hard to understand at the start but I got used to it a bit at the end but I wouldn't feel extremely confident with it. Overall, I enjoyed using these new techniques although I find making a game pretty hard. 
Links to the videos down below:
     
HOW TO MAKE A GAME FOR FREE #004 - IMPROVE GRAPHICS - UNITY TUTORIAL


HOW TO MAKE A GAME FOR FREE #005 - RAYCAST | CURSOR - UNITY TUTORIAL



An Image of a video game controller.

Comments

  1. Hi Aaron!

    I loved reading this blog great job!

    I found unity very difficult myself I am glad your able to complete your tutorials I can never get past the first few stages. I found all the techniques very difficult- i am glad im not the only one.

    I really hoping you can find it more easier to use but I am glad your enjoying it! What has been the hardest part for you?

    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Prototype

Game Design Document