Growth Mindset

Growth Mindset


Today I learned about a female called 'Carol Dweck'. I've never heard of her before today, but I am glad I have heard of her now. I listened to her TED Talk on growth mindset. I've never really thought into growth mindset before. After looking into it more in detail, I have realised that I also tend to avoid difficult situations or problems that I feel like I wouldn't be able to achieve without even challenging them. I don't normally enjoy listening to TED Talks because I tend to get bored of what the speaker is talking about but for a change I really enjoyed listening to Carol talk about growth mindset. She put things into a different perspective than I've ever thought about myself.

Personally, after listening and learning more about growth mindset, the more I realised I seem to be pushed into the fixed mindset more than the growth mindset. I realised that if I was faced with a challenge that was even a tiny bit out of my comfort zone, I'd be hesitant to even think about overcoming it. I think Carol has helped me over come little fears in my head that make me think I won't be able to do something because I might not find it easy or if it's something I've never tried before. I will be very much interested in learning more about growth mindset and whats the best ways to face challenges. Personally, If I hear presentation involved or talking in front of the class, I'd think straight away about how I DO NOT want to do that. I would like to overcome that mindset and be able to just get on with it fine.

This image I found on twitter stood out to me the most. It stood out the most because it is telling you that whatever you put your brain towards with the right mindset can make you achieve anything, and that you wont get success if you don't put work and dedication into it

This is an image of a quote by one of the greatest footballers of all time,Pele, said. 

Overall, I am really intrigued about learning more about growth mindset and look forward to discovering more about it. Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Prototype

Game Design Document